Sunday 12 June 2016

Week One- Done!

Step and I have been on the, take charge of our health track for 9 days now. Some days have been super hard. Some days have been glorious. Over all I can report that eating healthier has made me feel much more in control and upbeat. 


Thursday was our prearranged relaxation day. We would eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, but would have pizza for dinner. I wound up have three pieces of pizza and 6 wings. Then we played. Then I had a maple chiller, donut and some doritos over the course of the evening. 


I was up that night with heartburn and spent the next day feeling hungover. Lesson learned. 


That said, we will still have a once per week meal that we can splurge with. We don't look at calories, fat or nutrition- we just have what we like and savour it. For us, this is the best way to make better choices the rest of the week. 


While I'm not focused on scale numbers, I am keeping track to make sure that I'm getting enough food, I don't want to lose weight too quickly. I am down 4.5 pounds over the week. It's a bit much for one week, but the first week generally has a greater number loss than the rest will. I will keep an eye on this. 


Step is still going strong on his Soylent, though now he will be eating dinners with me, and keeping to the liquid when he meals alone. 


In other news, I was hoping to have some new videos up, but my six month old phone died. I have a loaner right now, but the camera isn't great. Not sure if or when I'll have my phone back. If LG doesn't agree that it's the motherboard and not the tiny chip on the screen (which happened the first week I had the phone, and has no baring on it's death), it will be either $500+ to fix or $150 for a new one, under our warranty, neither of which we can afford. Here's to hoping LG are decent chaps and just sends me a refurbished one. 

I've decided to do Camp Nanowrimo this year. If you don't know what it is, Nanowrimo is "National Novel Writing Month", where you attempt to write 50K words in a months time. I usually do the November session and have had 2 novel completed this way. This years decision to do the Camp session as well is because I'm feeling super creative. I have a rough idea for a story and I don't want to wait till November. Now I know that I could just go ahead and write it, but I love the support and yes- pressure that comes with this format. Wish me luck. My working title is, "Beyond the Mist". 




Well I hope everyone is having a great week! 
~Tams

No comments:

Post a Comment