Saturday 4 June 2016

Soylent: Day 2....or not.

Hey everyone.

I am somewhat embarrassed to report that I only lasted one day on Soylent. By the time dinner rolled around I was so filled with anxiety, I was much happier being hungry, than drinking any more of it. The taste, combined with the texture was just too much for me to handle.

I've spent last night feeling like a failure, feeling like I've let Step and myself down. Then I asked myself, why were we doing this to begin with? To detox from sugar and the less than stellar patterns of eating we had fallen into. To get healthier. Step wanted a kick start. A way for him to really regulate what he puts into his body. To stop the snacking and to learn what it's like to eat when hungry, but not have to worry about food.

For me, Soylent put too much pressure on food. On the fact that I wasn't getting anything solid. On the fact that what I was getting, was making me feel nauseated. I found myself falling into past disordered eating patterns of thinking, "OK...well I'm hungry, but I don't want that stuff. That's OK. I need to lose weight anyway, so I can just skip dinner and try the other stuff in the morning.". That is not healthy for me.

So while Step is continuing on with his week of liquid nutrition, I'm spending my week making only healthy choices. Deciding what is best for my body. Getting plenty of movement. No sugar. No junk food.

Here's a look at what I've had today so far:

Breakfast: 
-2 eggs and a piece of whole wheat toast

Lunch:
-homemade tabbouleh with quiona, parsley, tomatoes,
cucumbers, green onions, garlic and lemon
-a banana

Snack:
2 cups of popcorn








Dinner:
-Strawberry almond salad with balsamic vinegar as dressing
-homemade spit pea soup with carrot 











I've drank lots of water, and spent the day cleaning, gardening and recording auditions. I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now.

I will interview Step at the end of his journey for the podcast , to see how it was for him. I will keep you guys updated here on my progress as I go.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

`Tams

No comments:

Post a Comment