Monday 29 September 2014

Trying New Things

Step and I are both really adventurous people. We are constantly looking for new things to experience together. Sometimes we find things that one or both of us have never experience, sometimes we do things that one or both of us have tried before, but never together. Last Saturday, we did just that.

 It was supposed to be my "Training Day". We try to devote time every week to this and we'll cover it more in depth in a podcast, but essentially, it's a time we spend working on 'me'. Right now, it is mostly focused on pain tolerance, the acceptance of pain being applied to my person, so Saturday I was all prepared for just this.

We had a shower together and then he went down to our space and said he'd meet me there. When I entered the room, it was lit with candles and he had laid coverings on the bed. He had me get naked and lie down on my stomach. Once there he gave me a massage with candle wax massage oil, followed up with a good body lotion.

As I lie there I couldn't help but wonder what was going on. How is this pain? Or training? I'M supposed to be the one serving HIM Part of my brain started to worry (I do this a lot), did I do something wrong? Does he think I can't handle it? Normally I would have stopped the activity and asked him what was going on, but in that moment I thought, 'No, he's the one running the show. It's not my place to question him right now." So I relaxed and enjoyed the massage and had a little personal growth as well- letting go of a situation that I don't need to be in control of.

After a few moments we moved on to the main attraction- Wax play. I have done such play once before, but this was much different. He had many candle with different melting points. None of them were hot enough to actually burn, but some were warm enough to get my attention. Some felt just like warm water. It was an amazing experience and one in which I DID have to work on my control. I never knew which candle he would use so I had to work hard to stay calm.

After the wax was done, he worked in a little fear play. He used the back end of a large knife to remove the wax, as I have a bit of a fear of such things it was pretty intense. Pro tip- Another trick that can work in place of a knife is a credit card.

I encourage anyone to give this type of play a try. There is specific wax that you can purchase that has a very low heat point and should be good for most sensitivities. Not only is there fun in the application of the wax and the feel of it on your skin, if you are at all artistic, you can create amazing pictures with it! You can click here for a couple of photos from our evening.

 Thanks for visiting,
 -Tams

No comments:

Post a Comment